I've Moved! Come Visit Me On My New Blog!

Saturday, January 7, 2017

REN: THE GIRL WITH THE MARK // Season I Review

{Source.}
Ren is recognized in the village as a girl who's different from her father, -- kinder -- yet still his offspring. Plagued by his reputation as a coward, she has turned to another for help: an outcast, viewed with fear and suspicion. But the tides turn when Ren is marked by an ancient spirit on a venture to the forest... and it seems that no one can be trusted.

★★★★☆

(First off, this is a web series, which means that you can watch it for free on YouTube. You really should go save season one to your YouTube channel...)

Okay, this show is awesome. My mom and I sat down to watch an episode the other evening -- "just one or two," we said -- and we may or may not have watched all five episodes in one sitting. (Seriously, this show is awesome.)

Ren is as if BBC's Merlin and Robin Hood paired up with stray elements of Jaye L. Knight's The Ilyon Chronicles, and oh, what a fantastic journey it was! Though at first I had a hard time connecting with Ren, I quickly grew to become obsessed with her story. And Karn! Oh my stars, Karn is just the best. ❤

Season one was a little shorter than I would've liked (isn't such the case with every good TV show?), but it was nonetheless amazing. Clean and exciting, Ren: The Girl with the Mark is one of my new favourites.

You may want to know: There is fantasy violence, as well as several magical elements and the mention of spirits.

~

So, have you ever seen Ren: The Girl with the Mark, before?

<3


12 comments:

  1. Oooh this looks AMAZING! Definitely like something I'd love! Great review, glad you enjoyed it :)

    New follower.
    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy!! I do hope you enjoy this series, when you watch it! :)

      Delete
  2. That sounds AWESOME, I'll have to tell my mom and sister about it, it looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This show is so great! It's a bit cheesy, but it still makes for a delightfully clean and entertaining watch. I hope you girls enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. Sounds good been meaning to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is wonderful! I do hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. Loved this show. Really hoping they make a Season 2!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've seen it, too?! Isn't it just so splendid? I'm really hoping for a second season, as well! :D

      Delete
  5. This looks really cool! I'll have to look it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ren: The Girl with the Mark is definitely a great show! And I'm sure you'd like it; it's a great series. :) Hope you enjoy it, if you watch it! :D

      Delete
  6. YESS! :D (Just saw this post.) I absolutely loved this series! Ren is so funnnn, and Karn, yes--he's the best! :D Awesome post/review! I so hope they make a second season! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!!! Karn = one of the best TV mentor characters ever. :D

      Thank you!! I'm really hoping for a second season, as well; I just wish the seasons weren't so short. :)

      Have a great day, Deborah! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog