Saturday, January 14, 2017

Remembering Autumn...

I
remember
autumn.

{Source.}

I remember cold evenings
spent with a warm mug, outside.

{Source.}

Writing away the world--

{Source.}

--and then finding myself
at Ireland's fair seaside.

{Source.}

I remember rain,
pounding, pulsing rain,
hurling itself against the side of the castle.

{Source.}

Deep blue waters,
the churn of a waterwheel--

{Source.}

--the cold of a raging river.

{Source.}

Loud, melodious,
roaring, coursing
thunder.

{Source.}

I remember autumn;
so much to see, so much to do, so much to explore
before winter set in.

{Source.}

I remember wistful memories
of fencing with a knight who has never been.

{Source.}

I remember forests,
each woodland swept with a fine mist.

{Source.}

Oh, I remember autumn!
What dances there were!

{Source.}

What lights, what wonder,
what silence...
as the world drifted by in a blur.

{Source.}

Nights spent by
a warm fireside
tucked into the heart of a castle.

{Source.}

Donning royal blue capes,
hiding amongst scarlet-hued drapes.

{Source.}

The book won't be closed for long--

{Source.}

--for I cannot forget the autumn.

{Source.}

I will never
forget
the autumn.

{Source.}

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog