|Image recovered from this link. Edited using PicMonkey.|
April... is (practically) over. I'm not quite sure what to think.
As you may have seen from one of my last posts, I planned to use Camp NaNoWriMo to boost me off into the second draft of When the Sky Cries.
...Okay, so maybe leaping into camp with no outline and still three months of school left was not my brightest idea. But on the plus side, there have been some (excellent) writing-related things that have happened during the month! :)
- I'm close to finished mapping out my fictional continent, Repel! Just a few tiny details and "fancy touches" left, then it will be all set!
- I realized many of the things I loved (and didn't love) about my first draft of WtSC.
- I learned a new way to connect with my characters, thanks to an incredible post by Tracey Dyck!
- I began plotting my summer, during which I hope to get some major writing done!
- I discovered Spotify, which is my new favourite thing. (Guys!! You can make playlists! And it's better than Pandora! And it's free!! And you can make writing playlists!)
So Camp NaNoWriMo didn't exactly go the way I'd hoped. But still, whether I reached the word count goal or not, I'd consider myself successful. :)
Did you participate in Camp NaNoWriMo? How did it go? Feel free to drop your thoughts in the comments, below!