I've Moved! Come Visit Me On My New Blog!

  • No Post Today - HELLO, DRAGONS! So I'd totally planned on there being a real-ish post today... BUT THAT'S JUST NOT HAPPENING. My Thanksgiving break begins next Friday/S...
    1 week ago

Friday, December 23, 2016

The Smashing & Dashing 2016 Character Awards Tag

Last Saturday, Cait at Paper Fury invited her fellow bloggers to participate in a character award tag. Though I had something less exciting planned today (that was literally so boring I didn't even care), I've decided to do this, instead! Because I am spontaneous. (And I'm pretty sure I know what that word means, because I've seen it, like, five times in my life, and the first time was in the Lindsey Stirling song Spontaneous Me. *coughs*)

Anywhozens, on to the tag, the rules, and the awards! 😃

~

{Source.}

Rules


  • Respond to each award with one book (the book does not have to have been published during 2016).
  • Credit and link back to Cait at Paper Fury.


Awards

1. Most relatable character:

Amanda from Once by Elisabeth Grace Foley, Rachel Heffington, J. Grace Pennington, Emily Ann Putzke, Suzannah Rowntree, and Hayden Wand (Rumpled by J. Grace Pennington)! She's SO relatable it's crazy.

2. Most pure and precious animal companion:

Gogu from Juliet Marillier's Wildwood Dancing! Oh. My. Stars. He's so adorable!

3. Fiercest fighter:

Ella from Gail Carson Levine's Ella Enchanted! She's amazing!

4. Most amazing sidekick:

Persephone from Once by Elisabeth Grace Foley, Rachel Heffington, J. Grace Pennington, Emily Ann Putzke, Suzannah Rowntree, and Hayden Wand (With Blossoms Gold by Hayden Wand)!! Aaaah!! So cute!!

5. One you're surprised you loved:

I think Piper from The Lost Girl of Astor Street by Stephanie Morrill? I didn't realize I'd like her as much as I did. (By the way, keep an eye out for The Lost Girl of Astor Street's release in February 2017!)

6. Best sassmaster:

I'm going to have to go with a couple, on this one! Gifford and Jane from Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows's My Lady Jane. Those characters have insta-sass installed in their brains, or something.

7. Best anti-hero:

Emperor Daican from Jaye L. Knight's The Ilyon Chronicles! (I think he's an anti-hero, because, well, he's anti-heroes.) HE WAS WRITTEN SO WELL. And his evil sidekick inspired by Richard Armitage! Wow, just wow.

8. Wickedest villain:

Arientyl from Out of Darkness Rising by Gillian Bronte Adams. Evil itself.

9. Truly astounding worst YA parents:

Weellll... Definitely the parents in Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah. They are like the most wicked villains of all time. And the worst part about it is that they were real people. How in Gallifrey could people be so awful?

10. Truly astounding best YA parents:

Clara's parents, from Ivy Rose's The Old River Road! I mean, those are probably my favourite fictional bookish parents of the year. Maybe 'cause they're awesome, and remind me -- just a tad -- of my own? (But please know that my parents are better than any book parents. In fact, my parents are THE BEST PARENTS THERE ARE. Don't try and deny it; they're way, super cool. 😉 )

11. Best ship of them all:

Jena and a certain somebody (*winks*) from Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier. Read it. Gawk over the ending. You'll know who I'm talking about.

12. The most in need of protection:

Rose from The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson. Dude, I was shocked when I found out what she was cursed with! Yikes. SO glad I'm not her.

13. Most boring:

I'm skipping this one. No author wants to be told their character is boring.

14. Best little royal:

Okay, Daniel from The Ilyon Chronicles by Jaye L. Knight is awesome. I can't wait to read more of his story in Exiles!

15. Very surprised they're still alive:

Adeline from Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah. Oh my stars, it's such a sad and depressing book!

16. Best at horrible decision making:

Another one for couples: Romeo and Juliet from Shakespeare's play. SERIOUSLY. COULD YOU GUYS MAKE ANY WORSE DECISIONS?!

17. Cutest dork:

I suppose I'll go with Benedict from A Branch of Silver, a Branch of Gold by Anne Elisabeth Stengl. I consider him a dork, but I guess he's rather cute in his own way. 😉

18. Cleverest little guy:

Ella from Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine, I think. I haven't read any books with masterminds, yet, this year, but I enjoyed reading from the perspective of such an intelligent character.

19. Most in need of a nap:

Jace from Jaye L. Knight's The Ilyon Chronicles -- more specifically, Half-Blood. That guy needs a good doctor, a warm hug, lots of hot cocoa, a blanket, and a very long nap. (*sends Jace hugs*)

20. Want to read more about:

Cinder from Marissa Meyer's Cinder. I started Scarlet but put it down because I was so disappointed with the content. I don't want more characters, I just want to know what happens to Cinder!


~


So tell me, will you be doing this tag? I'd love to read your nominations! Feel free to leave a link to your post in the comments below!

<3


2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you did the tag! WE CAN PARTY TOGETHER NOW. *tosses cake and confetti on these precious characters* And ohhh I've read The Chinese Cinderella and it was purely awful what Adeline had to go through. ;_; I couldn't believe how cruel her family was honestly. And I so wanted to read My Lady Jane! I just didn't get a chance to this year...but maybe one day?! Oh but you should definitely keep giong with Scarlet because it gets back to Cinder! Plus Scarlet is so aaamazing and tough and precious. PLUS WOLF. He's such an adorable psycho. <3

    Thanks for joining in! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chinese Cinderella was SO SAD! And you should totally read My Lady Jane -- it's hilarious! I do think I'll get into The Lunar Chronicles again, but probably when I'm older and have more time. :)

      Thank you for commenting, Cait!!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog