Friday, December 2, 2016

Dearest December...

Dearest December,
could you stay here forever?
Better yet, might you return with some snow or some rain?

{Source.}

Dearest December,
might the weather be less bitter?
Might we please ne'er see the sun's shining face, again?

{Source.}

Dearest December,
it's been forever.
Twelve months and forever and a day.

{Source.}

Dearest December,
I see you from hither.
I see the stories you long to bring.

{Source.}

How you visited other worlds,
brought back some stories,
and spilled them into ink across old, faded pages.

{Source.}

Dearest December,
might the fire be warmer?
Might there be chocolate and marshmallows, too?

{Source.}

Dearest December,
please bid farewell to the bitter weather,
and bring some cold with you, next time you come.

{Source.}

Dearest December,
I long for you forever --
for your rain and snow, which seem to be myths.

{Source.}

Dearest December,
twelve months ago,
you faded into starlight,
but you've made it back, since.

{Source.}

Dearest December,
I look forward to forever,
when you might bring your cold weather and snowflakes.

<3


6 comments:

  1. This was absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Liv! Seriously, I loved it SO MUCH. <3 *goes to read it again*

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you so much, Savannah!! Your sweet comment brought tears to my eyes! <3

      Delete
  2. That was beautiful and bittersweet (intended, or just me?) and touched my soul as I have so many memories of Decembers! Thank you for this. (and your blog is awesome, by the way!)

    <3

    - audrey caylin
    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so very much, Audrey!! I'm so glad you liked it! :)

      I've checked out your blog, too, by the way! It's absolutely gorgeous! And that new blog makeover is darling!!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog