I've Moved! Come Visit Me On My New Blog!

  • No Post Today - HELLO, DRAGONS! So I'd totally planned on there being a real-ish post today... BUT THAT'S JUST NOT HAPPENING. My Thanksgiving break begins next Friday/S...
    1 week ago

Friday, December 30, 2016

2016 in Books

HELLO, Dragons! Today, our topic will be books. Ya know, those ever-so-wonderful things you read and secretly stroke and cuddle with? (Please tell me I'm not the only one...)

Back in January, I made a list of which books I planned to read, but, we're going to pretend I didn't do that, 'cause I only read about seven out of the twenty... (*has no comment*) 😁

Anywhozens, on to books! Stats! Pie charts! Favourite reads! Let's do this thang! 😃

{Original image source. Edited using PicMonkey.}
{Source.}

At the beginning of the year, I set a goal for reading twenty books in 2016. I surpassed my goal by twenty-seven books, and read twenty-nine more than I did in 2015! (*throws herself a party*)

On to ratings... I'm rather disappointed with how many books I disliked, this year. Approximately 11% I rated one star, 21% I rated two stars, 21% three stars, 26% four stars, and 21% five stars. What is wrong with my reading list, this year?! (*glances at pile of Enclave Publishing books* I'm coming for you. I need you. It is time.)


{Created using Meta-Chart.}

Here are some of the books I loved (click on each cover to read my review):








by Anna Quindlen


Here are some others that didn't quite make it to five stars, but I still thoroughly enjoyed:








by Alan S. Blinder


And here are some of the first books I plan to get to in January (once I finish all this terrible assigned reading... UHG.):

{Image by yours truly.}

{Source.}

{Source.}

{Source.}

{Source.}

Lastly (non-book-related stuff), here are some things I was going to mention in my December wrap-up post (which totally didn't happen):

1. Christian Lasses & Their Books. I don't think I ever mentioned it here at Whispers on the Wind, but the bloggers were chosen last month! I'm proud to introduce to ya'll Jemma (whom you may know from The Sherwood Storyteller) and Melissa (who is new to the blogging world)! You can check out our shared site at this link.

2. I've been cast in another play! I'm returning to the MEA Theatre Company to play Princess Pamina (*squeals* the role I wanted!) in a rendition of Mozart's opera, The Magic Flute. (When I say "rendition," I mean "not an opera," 'cause who on this earth who is not from a magical planet can sing opera?)

3. I got a fountain pen. Yaay! My cousins got me a notebook and pen set for Christmas, and OH MY GOODNESS, GUYS. I GOT A FOUNTAIN PEN.

4. In January, I'll be sliding off the railroad tracks (otherwise known as my blogging schedule). SO many books by authors I enjoy are releasing, and so, naturally, I want to participate in all the cover reveals and blog tours that I can. So I'm picking up my clipboard and tossing everything labeled "responsibility" out the window, all the while cackling like a madwoman! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! 😉

...Well, I suppose that's all, for now. ☺

What are some of your favourite books from 2016? Are there any new stories you're planning to check out in January? Any exciting news you're just bursting to share?

<3


4 comments:

  1. Yes, I cuddle and lovingly stroke my favorite books too XD

    Congrats on the play and all those books you've read! My list consisted of reading the same books over and over again because I thought they were so awesome, namely Ilyon Chronicles and the Out of Time series :D

    All the best for 2017!!!!!

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee, aren't books just such wonderful things?! :D

      Thank you so much! I'm very excited for the play. :)

      And you've read The Ilyon Chronicles, too? It's so fantastic!

      My goal is to read the Out of Time trilogy before summer. I've read the opening snippet of the first book, and accidentally spoiled the ending of book two for myself (oops), but nonetheless Nadine seems like an amazing author! I can't wait to get to her books!

      Hope your 2017 is splendid! <3

      Delete
  2. Fun! I always enjoy Amber's books, and I have every intention of reading Marissa's books as well as Stephanie's new release. :) It's been forever and a day, but once upon a time I read Ella Enchanted and remember liking it. Glad you still enjoyed some of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rissi! <3

      Amber's books are so lovely! I have How a Star Falls just waiting for me on my kindle; I can't wait to get to it once I get through a certain stack of books! (*glares at bookshelf*) ;)

      Marissa Meyer's Cinder is so amazing! And quite an addictive read. :D Stephanie Morrill's new tale... (*sighs dreamily*) Oh, it is wonderful! And there's (surprisingly) a fair bit of romance in it, though it still makes for a thankfully clean read. I hope you enjoy Marissa and Stephanie's books!

      And oh, Ella Enchanted! That is such a wondrous story!

      Have a blessed weekend, Rissi! <3

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog