I've Moved! Come Visit Me On My New Blog!

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Spooky Story Challenge: THE RABID RABBIT

The other day, author Jenelle Schmidt challenged her fellow bloggers to post a spooky story, in honour of the "spooky" season. Since I'm not really into spooky stories, I decided to share a mock horror story I wrote back in January, about... a bunny. It's not actually horror -- just strangely comedic. And very short, as in less than three-hundred-words-short. ;)

Before reading on, I'd like to request that no one copy this story or notate it as their own. They're welcome to share the link to this post, but if they want to go beyond that, I ask that they contact me.

{Source.}
~

The Rabid Rabbit by Liv K. Fisher

Peo glared through the darkness. His ears twitched.
Not long, now, he would've told himself, should he be considered an ordinary rabbit.
But Peo was not ordinary. In fact, he was far from it. "Murderer" was the only word he could've used to describe himself, were he ordinary.
Peo squinted at the small house, where his so-called master was rounding up his wife and children to send them away.
"Go! Go!" the man called. "You know he's coming for us!"
His daughter, at the mere age of eight, followed his orders, all the while sobbing. "I-I'm sorry, Daddy! I didn't know--!"
"I am well aware, darling," her father replied. "But we must go, now."
How Peo hated sentiment! Even the kind acts forced upon him by the master's daughter didn't bring him the slightest feeling of love or sympathy. From what his actions had determined, Peo was a psychopathic rabbit.
With a loud battle cry only a rodent could produce, he took off towards the house.
Inside, the master's eyes widened. "Get in the car, Amelia! Take the children and leave!"
"There's still time!" his wife pleaded. "You can come with us!"
"No. If I die, I shall do it with one last attempt to protect this land."
Tears in her eyes, Amelia leapt into the car and drove away.
"You're coming for me!" the master shouted into the darkness. "I know you are!" When there was no reply, he moved closer to the window. "Come out of hiding, you beast! Come and meet your--"

~

<3


6 comments:

  1. Oooh... what a very interesting blend of horrifying and hilarious! And the abrupt ending with no resolution! I'm going to be pondering this one for a while... and I might be a little more wary of cute little bunnies in the future... :)

    Thanks for participating in my little blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Jenelle!! <3
      And thank you for hosting the blog challenge! It was so much fun to do! :D

      Delete
  2. Hahaha, love the melodramatic flair, Liv! A psychopathic bunny... This made me think of a card game my cousins used to play called Killer Bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracey!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog