Monday, October 3, 2016

Of Rogues, Wizards, Princesses, Doctors, & Pirates

Apparently I can't keep to a blogging schedule. But oh well. Because today, I'm going to fangirl. So come, all ye lads and lasses who are fans of Poldark, Once Upon a Time, Harry Potter, Disney, Sherlock, Doctor Who, and Pirates of the Caribbean! I invite you to read through, rewatch your favourite trailers, and BE A TOTAL NERD WITH ME.

{Original image source. Edited using PicMonkey.}
Poldark, season two (2016)


OH GOODNESS. SEASON ONE WAS SO WONDERFUL. POLDARK + DEMELZA = THE MOST PERFECT COUPLE EVER. (Note: There was a skip-worthy scene or two.)

Once Upon a Time, season six (2016)


Season five was probably the best season of Once Upon a Time since the end of season one. The acting was much improved, the characterization more complex, and MERLIN. (OKAY, MERLIN IS JUST SO AMAZING AND ONE OF MY FAVOURITE CHARACTERS EVER.)

Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them (2016)


After feeling rather irritated following the consumption reading of The Cursed Child, I have rather wavering hopes in regards to Fantastic Beasts. It's also sad that it takes place in the land of some of the worst accents ever (sorry, fellow US citizens) rather than in the land of pure beauty (a.k.a. Britain), but I still have hopes! Newt Scamander looks/dresses JUST LIKE THE ELEVENTH DOCTOR (so how could he not be awesome?)!

Moana (2016)


I've loved Disney's most recent princess films (Tangled, Brave, Frozen, etc.), so I have crazy high expectations for Moana. The international trailer (the one with baby Moana) was SO cute AND I LOVE HOW THE OCEAN IS LIKE HER BESTIE.

Sherlock, season four (2017)


Oh, Sherlock. Why must you always end on a cliffhanger, then wait five-thousand years to reintroduce yourself to us? (*sighs*) I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS WHOLE MORIARTY BUSINESS. I'm terribly sorry, but The Abominable Bride just wasn't enough -- I still very much hope he's "just STAYING alive!"

Doctor Who, season ten (2017)


I finished season nine yesterday afternoon. I'm honestly questioning where to go from here... Clara has been my favourite companion ever. AND THAT ENDING. (*sobs*)

Beauty & the Beast (2017)


Disney's live-action princess remakes have made me very happy. Maleficent made me come away wishing for wings, and Cinderella left me completely enchanted. Plus, Emma Watson is basically the real-life Belle! And Dan Stevens has the PERFECT voice to play Prince Adam! And there are so many awesome actors going into this movie. I SERIOUSLY JUST CANNOT WAIT. (Way too many adjectives there, I know.)

Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017)


I happen to know exactly zero people who actually like are as into Pirates of the Caribbean as I am (maybe one, actually?). From a young age, the ride has been my favourite at Disneyland. I've collected skull alarm clocks. I have a Captain Jack Sparrow blanket. I've decided to become a writer by day and a pirate by night. I may or may not also be torn between owning a TARDIS and owning The Black Pearl (the ship, of course). Fun fact: I've been ON BOARD one of the ships used in the movies, and also happen to know the daughter of one of the background actors!

~

So I'm pretty stoked. And fangirly.

Are there any movies/TV shows with trailers out that you're looking forward to?

<3


11 comments:

  1. So many wonderful movies! I've never actually heard of Poldark or Once apon a time. But I can't wait to watch all the rest!
    Though, that may be a while yet with Sherlock... Several years in fact...
    When I finally watch the Pirates of The Caribbean, I am sure I will love it too, I'm just not old enough yet... Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, you should watch Once Upon a Time! And Poldark! :D And I'm sure you'll love Pirates, when the time comes! (I had to wait a while before I could watch it, too.) :)

      Delete
  2. Yes!!! I watch so many of these! Poldark, Once Upon a Time, Sherlock, Pirates of the Caribbean, Doctor Who, Beauty and the Beast...! I'm also looking forward to Doctor Strange and Rogue One!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (*gasps*) I completely forgot about Doctor Strange! I haven't watched the trailer yet and don't have much of an idea what it's about (*hangs head* I should check on that...), but Marvel. AND BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH.

      Delete
    2. Eep, I just saw the trailer! AND YES, I NEED TO SEE DOCTOR STRANGE, TOO!! XD

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited about Poldark: Season Two! Watched the first two episodes and they were great! (One skip-worthy scene). Poldark and Demelza are an amazing, swoon-worthy couple! :)

    I'm THRILLED about Beauty and the Beast! EEP! I can hardly wait! I loved Cinderella, and am just dying for this new princess tale! ^_^

    Not sure if I'll be watching more of Once Upon a Time, though the new trailer does make it sound fascinating! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, oh, Poldark and Demelza!! <3 (*fangirls*)
      I love the new Cinderella, as well! Though I'm always slightly skeptical about Disney remakes, I tend to love them when I seem them! (And I like the old Beauty & the Beast, but it's never been a particular favourite of mine, so hopefully I'll like this one better!) :)
      As to Once Upon a Time, I am VERY curious where season six will lead! Jafar worked his way into the spinoff Once Upon a Time in Wonderland before coming to the original show, so I'm wondering how all that will play out. :)

      Delete
  4. I am looking forward too all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss!! I think the ones I'm most excited for are Fantastic Beasts and Beauty & the Beast! :D

      Delete
  5. I'm definitely not as a big a Pirates fan as you are... but I do love the movies. And even though I am highly skeptical... I will probably go see Dead Men Tell No Tales in theaters anyway. :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog and letting me know where I could find yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks for taking the time to check out Whispers on the Wind, Jenelle! (*hugs*)
      I do agree that the new Pirates movie probably won't be great... but I'm in love with the series, so I do think I'll end up seeing it ASAP, anyhow! :D

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog