I've Moved! Come Visit Me On My New Blog!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

MY LADY JANE // Book Review

{Source.}

Imagine a book about a Disney princess, written for an older audience (teens+). Imagine that this story is witty, has amazing writing, outstanding characters, and a plot with enough twists and turns to become northern California's Highway 36. This is the point at which My Lady Jane is created.

Oh, it was wonderful! There were times when I laughed out loud and others when I demanded my family's presence so I might read them a short excerpt.

For those who know the true story of Lady Jane Grey -- I actually don't. Which probably affected my having liked it so much (I noticed those who knew the story gave it a lower rating).

As much as I liked it, however, part two didn't interest me quite so much (hence the four-star rating rather than five). I really enjoyed the comedy and romance of part one, but once about half of that comedy was taken away and a bunch of confused teenagers' emotions were thrown into the mix... Erm, I didn't enjoy it so much.

But I must say that My Lady Jane was well worth the read! (And I particularly recommend reading it when you're sick, because... it helps *grins*.)

You may want to know: There are some undescriptive implications (which might not be understood by a younger audience), kissing, and the rare usage of swear words and God's name in vain, as well as murder, violence, drinking, warfare, and some magical elements.

Click here to read my Goodreads review.

Have you read My Lady Jane? What are your thoughts on it?

<3


2 comments:

  1. Awesome review, Liv! This sounds like such a cool book *nods*.

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Savannah! I do hope you give My Lady Jane a try; it's quite the adventure! :)

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog