I've Moved! Come Visit Me On My New Blog!

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Beautiful People: Leysa, a Hufflepuff-Turned-Gryffindor

I've missed it for a few months, lately (and probably will, again), but it's time for the Beautiful People meme! Today I'll be giving ya'll a glimpse of Leysa, the protagonist of The Somewhat Secret Project. So without further ado, let's turn to Sky and Cait's questions!

~

{Source.}

1. How did you come up with this character?

From a dream (actually, that's pretty much where the entire story came from). I was Leysa, so I saw everything through her eyes.

2. Have they ever been starving? And what did they eat to break the fast?

I highly doubt Leysa's ever been starving; she's lived a pretty sheltered and plentiful life.

3. Do they have a talent or skill that they're proud of?


No under-eye makeup, give her a slightly plumper face,
and this would be Leysa. {Source.}
Leysa is incredibly good at algebraic math (something which I will never understand)! She was incredibly proud of it when she was younger, but as she grew up, she began to lose confidence in her talents.

4. List three things that would make them lose their temper.


  1. Someone calling her an experiment.
  2. Someone telling her that her nogi and narni (father and mother) only took her in because they were desperate for a child.
  3. Someone trying to take away someone/something she cares about.

5. What is their favourite type of weather? Least favourite?

Though I've been tempted (as pluviophiles often are) to make her a fellow pluviophile, I'm afraid she doesn't enjoy and does not have longtime experience with rain. So her favourite type of weather would probably be mere grey skies. ;)

6. What is their Hogwarts house and/or MBTI personality?

I'm not good with assigning my characters Meyers-Briggs personality types, but I know quite a bit about Hogwarts! When the story first starts out, she'd probably be a shy, low-energy Hufflepuff, but I hope that, by the end of it, she'll end up as a courageous Gryffindor!

7. Are they more likely to worry about about present problems, or freak out about the unknown future?

OH. BOTH, DEARIE. BOTH, FOR CERTAIN.

8. What is their favourite thing to drink?

A strawberry smoothie (and I am pleased to say they have strawberries on planets other than Earth)! As someone who dreads each workday, strawberry smoothies make for her favourite kinds of breakfasts. :)

9. What is their favourite colour? Least favourite?

Cream. It's a human colour. How many cream-coloured androids might one see flitting about a satellite? As to her least favourite colour, it would probably be a pure white or black, since you see those colours everywhere in futuristic engineering.

10. What is a book that changed their life?

Possibly an old Earthen classic, called Cinder by Marissa Meyer. (*winks*) (No, it's not a classic, yet, but I'm sure it will be deemed so in years to come!)

~

Have you done Beautiful People, this month? Will you be doing it? Feel free to let me know (and maybe leave a link to your post!) below!

<3


9 comments:

  1. This was a fun post, Liv! I had fun reading about Leysa, and the story she's in sounds wonderful! Does it have a title?
    I'll be doing BP this month - I haven't posted it yet, but I will soon.

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Savannah! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)
      The Somewhat Secret Project doesn't have a title yet (as much as I want it to!), but I'm hoping that as I write and dig deeper into the story, a suitable title will present itself, given time. Worst that happens, I'll fall down at all my friends' and family's feet pleading for assistance. ;)
      Congratulations on the creation of your new blog, by the way! I look forward to reading your *Beautiful People* post!

      Delete
    2. *gives you all the story title inspiration* :D

      My BP 'tis posted now: http://scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com/2016/09/beautiful-people-ryan-september-2016.html

      ~ Savannah
      scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. I like her, strawberry smoothies are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Skye! :)
      And yes, strawberry smoothies are SO AMAZING!! :D

      Delete
  3. NO WAY!!! She came from a dream??? THAT IS SO COOL! I read somewhere that Robert Louis Stevenson's Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde was inspired by a dream, so I have started writing down my more vivid and interesting dreams but so far there hasn't been any book material in there! I want to know more!!!

    You can check out my BP here:https://storyanddarkchocolate.wordpress.com/2016/09/25/introducing-alec-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Kayla Marie!! :D
      I've read your *Beautiful People* post! Alec sure sounds interesting! :)

      Delete
    2. And that's really cool about how the author though up *Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde*! :)

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog