I've Moved! Come Visit Me On My New Blog!

Thursday, August 11, 2016

HARRY POTTER, Sorcery, & the Bible

Harry Potter was the first "grown up" series I ever read, and since that eventful day in the third grade when my dad cracked the books open and began to read it with me, I've been a complete and utter nerd, who can recite a majority of the Harry Potter history. However, as I've gotten older, it seems to have become a rather loud controversy as to whether or not reading the series is alright.

For me and my family, it has been (and likely will always be) recognized as fantasy -- a work of fiction. But the questions have still nagged at me: Why do so many people hate on Harry Potter? Yes, the Bible clearly states different forms of magic are wrong, but is it okay to read about it if it's fictional?

About four months ago, I started following author Mirriam Neal's blog, Wishful Thinking, and it wasn't long before I found an answer that made sense, settled well with me, and, most importantly, fit God's word.

The post is titled Harry, Magic, & the Bible, and I recommend ya'll give it a read (even if you're completely neutral to the "sides" of the Harry Potter "battle"). You can find it at this link.

I hope you Dragons have a great day!

<3


2 comments:

  1. I quite enjoyed that post, Miriam's blog is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog