I've Moved! Come Visit Me On My New Blog!

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Books I Read For School & Loved

Due to the fact that school starts in just a few days (*sniffles*), I thought I might list off some books I've read for school and thoroughly enjoyed. (*attempts a smile*) (*frowns at the thought of school*)

{Original image source. Edited using PicMonkey.}

The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare

{Source.}


The Witch of Blackbird Pond is one of my favourite books of all time. Shortly after borrowing a copy from the library in eighth grade, I devoured it, and had it finished by the next class. BECAUSE IT WAS SO GOOD. IT WAS SO WELL-WRITTEN AND THE PLOT AND THE CHARACTERS AND OH MY STARS IT WAS SO WONDERFUL. (Sorry, I think the straightjacket on my fangirling heart broke. *winks*)

Chataine's Guardian by Robin Hardy

{Source.}


While Chataine's Guardian wasn't technically assigned, it was still a book I read for school, and I adored every moment of it (here's a brief review I wrote about a year after I read it). It was the first book I read in 2015, and... oh, it was marvelous. It was the sort of book that held me captive as I curled up by the heater (yes, sadly, apparently fireplaces are not in San Diego's fashion), and demanded my full attention, despite my half-hearted protests that I needed to go do my chores. It was a far cry from most historical Christian romance, and wow. Just wow. (*sighs dreamily*) I love that book.

The Monkey's Paw by W.W. Jacobs


{Source.}



The Monkey's Paw was spooky and not exactly pleasant for someone who dislikes monkeys (*shamefully raises hand*), but the writing style was delightfully old fashioned, and the twists and turns on the phrase "be careful what you wish for" were excellent.


_________________

There you have it! The list isn't any longer due to the fact that I haven't read many assigned books I enjoyed, and once I dive into a new book, I pretty much forget about the last one. :P

Are there any assigned books you've enjoyed?

<3


2 comments:

  1. The Witch of Blackbird Pond is one that I was 'assigned' and enjoyed too!
    (Along with A Tale of Two Cities (I love it so much!), and To Kill a Mockingbird)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *To Kill a Mockingbird* is definitely a book I want to read!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog