Saturday, August 13, 2016

HARRY POTTER & THE CURSED CHILD // Book Review

My this-is-why-I'm-not-a-professional-photographer picture of me, The Cursed Child, and my mismatched socks.
✰✰

The Cursed Child was definitely not as good as its predecessors, but it was still quite an adventure. I did feel that far too many liberties were taken (for example, the trolley witch... I mean, there was zero foreshadowing of that in any of the stories!), and when time travel got involved, it was pretty weird (even though we've experienced time turners before, the laws seemed different from those in The Prisoner of Azkaban). So it wasn't until the third act's sixteenth scene that I really got into it (plot twist!). But overall, I'd say to go ahead and give The Cursed Child a read (I mean, it's Harry Potter, so...).

You may want to know: There is a majority of magical content, as well as the (thankfully rare) usage of a swear word or two.

_________________

Have you read Harry Potter & the Cursed Child, yet? What did you think?

<3


4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed The Cursed Child! I thought I would end up disliking it (seeing as it's a play), but I actually ended up liking it quite a bit. Now, I wonder if it will be made into a movie ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'd mind seeing a Cursed Child movie! Even though I didn't love Fantastic Beasts, I'm still up for any new movie additions to the world of Harry Potter! (I wouldn't mind more books, either... But I'd prefer more stories about Harry or his ancestors, rather than stories about his own children. It kinda weirds me out. *winks*)

      Delete
  2. Seeing as you read my review I guess you know my point of view :) I think this will be a book that there will always be a lot of controversy about, because it did have some good bits. And it is about Harry Potter. Mind you the original books have a lot of controversy around them too.

    Mini reviews are good, I keep think I should post more of them, and just forget about taking a heap of photos of the book to go with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true!

      And I love the pictures you take for your reviews! They're so clear, and you position the camera perfectly. :)

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog