I've Moved! Come Visit Me On My New Blog!

  • No Post Today - HELLO, DRAGONS! So I'd totally planned on there being a real-ish post today... BUT THAT'S JUST NOT HAPPENING. My Thanksgiving break begins next Friday/S...
    6 days ago

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Movie Review: THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS

{Source.}

Max is a spoiled terrier who cherishes every single moment he spends with his owner. But when she brings home a giant, terrifying mutt named Duke, his life is immediately turned upside down.

Determined to rid himself of Duke, Max does everything in his power to make his owner hate the new pooch, from trashing their apartment to shattering beloved possessions. However, it's only a matter of time before Duke loses his patience... and the results could place Max and Duke farther from home than they ever imagined.

✰✰

The Secret Life of Pets was cute and well-made. As the proud mama owner of a cockapoo and a poodle mix, I thoroughly enjoyed the constant referencing to pets and their strange behaviours. There was a number of parts that left me and my parents laughing hard.

There were some things I didn't like, however (as there are with almost any movie). This may sound completely random, but I didn't like how far away Max and Duke ended up from their home. One, it seemed cliché, and two (simply based on personal opinion), I just don't particularly like watching beloved pets leave their owners, even if only for a little while.

Overall, The Secret Life of Pets was cute and enjoyable, but I think it was something I could wait for the rental DVD edition of.

You may want to know: There is some mentioning of pets who claimed to have killed their owners, and there is a former pet owner who is proclaimed dead later on in the movie. There is also a gang of pet "refugees", and an unusually large viper. (I just thought I'd mention the viper 'cause it was really creepy...)

Have you seen The Secret Life of Pets, yet?

<3


4 comments:

  1. Nice review!

    Would you recommend the movie? The youngest in our family is ten, but she tends to be fairly emotional

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jemma! :)
      There were a couple parts that brought me close to tears (such as a former owner's death and just the fact that the dogs were so far away from home), but otherwise it was a lighthearted movie. I'm not sure whether or not I'd recommend it based on that, so I'll just say that it's maybe half as sad (or less) as TOY STORY. I hope that helps! :)

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog