Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Birthstone Book Tag

{Source.}

Today, I was tagged by Grace, over at Fictionally.to participate in the Birthstone Book Tag. Thank you so much for the tag, Grace!! :)

Questions

January garnet: Name a character you think is evil/dark.

Hmm... I'm going to have to go with Bellatrix Lestrange from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series. Because she's incredibly awesome evil. ;)

February amethyst: Name a book you think of as regal.

Regal? Oh, well, I suppose I'd have to say The Wulver's Rose by Hayden Wand. BECAUSE IT'S SO GOOD.

March aquamarine: Name a character you think of as weak, or more of a follower.

As much as I adore Anne Elisabeth Stengl's Heartless, probably its protagonist, Una.

April diamond: Name a book you love, but isn't very well known.

I can give you twelve! Robin Hardy's series The Annals of Lystra and The Latter Annals of Lystra. PEOPLE NEED TO READ THEM. NOW.

May emerald: Name two characters who balance each other out.

Eanrin and Imraldera from Anne Elisabeth Stengl's Tales of Goldstone Wood series. For certain.

June pearl: Name a character that is loyal.

Oh! Oh! Don't get me started! (There are so many choices!) But I suppose I can only narrow it down to three -- Percy from Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson & the Olympian series, Connie from Julia Golding's The Companions Quartet, and Gogu from Juliet Marillier's Wildwood Dancing.

July ruby: Name a book that aggravates you/makes your blood boil.

Definitely Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. Between the terrifying dystopian society, the entirely un-relatable characters, and the overly descriptive writing, I could not stand it. Plus the fact that I would rather not read about a government that burns books.

August peridot: Name a supporting character you preferred to the main character.

(*glances at bookshelf behind her*) (*looks back*) I'm sorry. I've got nothin'.

September sapphire: Name a book you found to be calming.

Shantelle Mary Hannu's A Dream Not Imagined, for sure!

October opal: Name a book with a pretty cover.

Only one?! Umm... Anne Elisabeth Stengl's Heartless, Shadow Hand, Golden Daughter, and A Branch of Silver, a Branch of Gold; Rooglewood Press's Five Enchanted Roses and Five Magic Spindles collections; Bridget Zinn's Poison; the two-hundred-fifty-six-page edition of Elizabeth George Speare's The Witch of Blackbird Pond; the 2006 Puffin Books ebook edition of John Flanagan's The Ruins of Gorlan; and Juliet Marillier's Wildwood Dancing.

November topaz: Name a book with a resilient protagonist.

Maybe Dierdre from Robin Hardy's Chataine's Guardian. That girl is a suffering emotional whirlwind who constantly swings from "I'm okay" to "I'm not okay". [I'd like to note that she's an awesome character, though. While I don't think most emotional whirlwinds are, she's great. :)  ]

December blue zicron: Name a fictional friendship you would love to be a part of.

I adore the friendship of Harry, Ron, and Hermione in J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter! And the extension of their friendship known as the DA. Because that is a group of awesome people, right there!

Tags


And anyone with a blog who's reading this -- consider yourself tagged, as well! Have you done this challenge, before? Go ahead and drop a link in the comments! :)

<3


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post Liv, I enjoyed it! I might have to steal this tag, it looks like too much fun not to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't much of a fan of Una either

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog