I've Moved! Come Visit Me On My New Blog!

  • No Post Today - HELLO, DRAGONS! So I'd totally planned on there being a real-ish post today... BUT THAT'S JUST NOT HAPPENING. My Thanksgiving break begins next Friday/S...
    6 days ago

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." --Winston Churchill

The winners have been announced, and, in a matter of mere months, Five Magic Spindles will hit Goodreads and Amazon, and be released! And I still cannot express how very excited I am for the winners of this collection!

Of course, this can be a downer for many of the participants. After months of toiling away at the keyboard, storyboarding on Pinterest, and simply planning the next plot twist for your novella, the day has finally come, and it can be a huge disappointment.

As noted by Five Enchanted Roses author Jenelle Schmidt, "I wish I could give you all hugs."

But the truth is this: You should go out and celebrate, or stay in an watch a movie! You have accomplished something
huge & incredible!!

I totally understand your reason for mourning, but guess what!
You have written a novella, whether it be twenty-thousand words or a mere five-thousand. You have written and edited and worked for months, and you have something to show for it!

Am I saying you should go out and publish it? Well, that's up to you.

But you have done something that, maybe a year or two ago, you could only dream of.
You have written and edited a story, and that is something to be proud of.

Another upside of not being a winner: You have more time to edit and perfect your story, should publication be its goal. As put by this year's winning author Grace Mullins back in 2014, "If the story is not good enough, make it better."

So may you have an excellent evening, a terrific week, and a spectacular weekend to follow. <3

4 comments:

  1. This was really encouraging.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Sky! I'm glad you found this encouraging! :)

      Delete
  2. This was a great post, Olivia! I'm excited to get back to my novella and start editing it. What are you going to be doing with your story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, @Savannah Perran! :)
      I'm probably going to keep my novella tucked away for a little while. It's definitely not my best work, and I don't particularly love it, so I'm going to try and make my WIP the top priority... at least until the next creative writing contest comes around. :)

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog