Monday, March 28, 2016

Featured Short Story #1, by Erudessa Aranduriel

Thank you to Erudessa Aranduriel for her very sweet submission regarding Monday's Unicorn -- 1-18-2016!! :)

Image recovered from this link.

A pale blue-green light filled the forest as Lupine pranced happily down the tree-lined lane towards me. I smiled at her joy, for I too was filled with that utter happiness. She had just met the young male unicorn who was to be her mate and I, in three months, would marry that unicorn's rider. Together the four of us would live happy and fruitful lives, with hopefully many children from both unions. With my arm across her neck, Lupine and I watched our men through a gap in the trees. Fern and Nat were galloping toward the mountain valley that would be our home one day. Admiration filled us both, for Nate was a wonderful rider and Fern, a magnificent unicorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog