Monday, January 4, 2016

Toying With Design

So you know my WIP, When the Sky Cries? And you know that hideous cover concept I drew up (which can be found at this link)?

Sometime last summer (2015... I get so confused with year changes, and all), I drew it up, though I wasn't quite happy with it. Still, I knew that, when When the Sky Cries gets published, I'd like that kind of scene to be on the cover.

But I really don't like that cover concept I drew.

So, shortly after I drew it up, I started playing around with design. I took a random picture of a midnight sky, and then found a photo manipulation by Barbara Florczyk.

(Here's the image by Barbara Florczyk:)

Image recovered from this link.

Then, with the lovely help of piZap, I set to work.

This was my first result:


...Uh...

I wasn't sure what to think, but I knew it wasn't good. (I still ended up liking it more than my own drawing!)

So I started over, and was ecstatic to come out with this:



Much better! And just the sort of cover concept I was hoping for!

And there you have it. That's my random post of the day. :P

(Note: The images in this post do not belong to me! And my WIP is a long way from getting published! The images in this post were just something fun I made up.)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Olivia, this is GORGEOUS! I've never tried to design a cover concept for one of my WIPs, but I really should try. This is absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Playing with design, of any aspect is always neat. Wishing you all the best with this endeavor, Oliva. Hope your story comes out as you plan and we readers can see it published someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thank you, @Savannah Perran and @Rissi!! :D <3

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog