Monday, January 11, 2016

Announcement: Of Unicorns, Character Prompts, & Short Stories!

{Notice: This is a scheduled post.}

Something magical this way comes!

For the next several weeks, -- up until March twenty-first -- I am going to do my best to make Monday somewhat bearable for you. And what better way to do so than with a weekly unicorn?! (...Okay, so I may or may not have been inspired by Anne Elisabeth Stengl's Tuesday's Dragon series...)

Every Monday (and this time, I mean, literally, every Monday -- they'll be scheduled!) through March twenty-first, *A Sapphire Chamber* will be home to another new post: of unicorns, character prompts, short stories, and other such fun!

Here's the jest of all this: Every Monday (and I know I'm turning this phrase into a bit of a cliché), a new post will be released, titled Monday's Unicorn. Each post will contain a picture of a unicorn (with the image's source, naturally), and a challenge to comment with a name for the unicorn. But there's more!

Readers are also welcome to submit a short story featuring the unicorn! Know that submitted short stories must be entirely clean -- something that a parent would be willing to read to their child. Submitted short stories -- if found to be presentable (meaning that they are clean) -- will be posted on this blog when the time is found (which hopefully means not long, at all!).

I understand that not all of you will be able to submit a short story. But just know that, should you desire to, you are most certainly welcome!

As for short story submission end dates -- I'm not quite sure when. I would like to give writers plenty of time to respond. So, when the timing seems fit, I plan to publish a post notifying everyone that the end date is coming up!

Have fun! I hope to see ya'll on the blog, soon! :)

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like fun! I'm not the greatest short story writer, but I'll see if anything shows up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, @Hannah V! I'm looking forward to it. :)

      Delete
  2. A short story per week? Is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Mels -- yes!! :)
      Posts will be released every Monday until March twenty-first, starting next week. :D

      Delete
  3. Ooo, this looks like it's going to be a lot of fun! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog