Friday, December 18, 2015

The Events of Nightwind Court -- December 2015

As I sit here late at night, I realize that I have yet to post December's Events. So, here they are!! :)

___________________

FIVE MAGIC SPINDLES Entry

Image recovered from Rooglewood Press.

Thankfully, I remembered to send my letter in! Yes, the letter which I almost forgot. (*wide eyes full of horror*) But thank goodness I realized the day before the deadline that, Oh! I have a letter to mail! in the midst of the chaos of the play, turn-in week, and pre-Christmas stress.

___________________

THE SNOW QUEEN Play

Image recovered from this link.

Speaking of the play, it was a huge success! With almost a full house every night, amazing fellow cast members, a great crew, and an outstanding director, it was a blast! I'm just sad it's all over... (*sigh*)

I honestly hope that everyone might have the chance to venture into a wee bit of theatre fun like I did! After three months of work on The Snow Queen, I feel more comfortable with my surroundings, a far more extroverted, and I believe I even have a better understanding of characters... :)

Also, I'd like to send out a huge thank you to everyone involved with this play! To everyone who came out to see it, to the crew, to the director, to my fellow cast members, and even to those who wanted to be there, but couldn't. Honestly, thank you! Participating in The Snow Queen has made a huge impact on my life, and I can't thank everyone enough.

(Also a shout-out to Chris O'Connell, a writer for The Clairemont Times! Thank you for writing such a splendid article on our wonderful director and her incredible journey of bringing San Diego The Snow Queen!)

___________________

Winter Break
(it's finally here!)

Ah, winter break... There are no words for the relief and relaxation you bring when you come calling. With most of my Christmas shopping/work/wrapping done, I plan to just soak up the freedom, enjoy it, and write. ...And maybe have a movie marathon or two. ;)

___________________

Blogger Awards

This month's award goes to... the announcement trailer for J.K. Rowling's Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them!



Does this movie not look incredibly exciting?! (Yes, I know they showed very little, as to the plot, but honestly! It's almost as if it's Doctor Who meets Harry Potter!) Oh, why do we have to wait eleven months for this film to come out?!

Based off the textbook from Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban that was eventually published as its own physical copy, Fantastic Beasts tells the story of a young man named Newt Scamander, who (as predicted from the trailer) must seek out the magical creatures that have escaped from his briefcase (is it be bigger on the inside, by any chance?).

Only eleven months to go! :D

___________________

What do you think of the new Fantastic Beasts trailer? Are you looking forward to it, as well?

Hope to see you on the blog, soon!

1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing you got your submission form sent in time, I only got mine sent in the day before the deadline as well :).
    I'm glad your play went well!
    They're making a movie of 'Fantastical Beasts'?! HOW did I not know about that?! I love all the Harry Potter books :). I bet it will be a really cool movie!
    ~Savannah Perran

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog