I've Moved! Come Visit Me On My New Blog!

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Writer's Playlist

Different writers are attracted to all different kinds of music. While the song "Counting Stars" may put a temporary dent in one writer's thinking cap, it may provide huge inspiration to another. With the power of music, writers (and people, in general) are often inspired to go the extra mile, or encouraged by the song's amount of emotion. That is where a writer's playlist comes in.


As I mentioned a little bit ago, different writers react differently to certain styles of music (for me, I find new age and Celtic music the most relaxing to listen to). And many different situations may cause a writer's feelings to change towards a particular song. For example, my friend knew I disliked one of her songs, but would jokingly play it whenever I was near. With time, I began to love the song, because the only times I would listen to it would be when I was spending time with her. And the same goes for writing.

When I was on my first draft of my novel-in-progress, there were certain songs I'd use for inspiration. These songs helped me through a lot, and now, whenever I start the playlist, I find inspiration, sanctuary, and maybe even some encouraging memories.

Here is a list of all the songs I tended to listen to while writing my first draft of When the Sky Cries.


1. "The Hills of Home" by Kevin Braheny and Tim Clark.


2. "What You Never Know" by Hayley Westenra.


3. "Wild Child" by Enya.


4. "Our Farewell" by Within Temptation.


5. "If I Die Young" by the Band Perry.


6. "The Dragon's Breath" by David Arkenstone.

7. "She Moved Through the Fair" by Celtic Thunder.
(Unfortunately, I was unable to find a YouTube video for this one.)


8. "Let Me Lie" by Hayley Westenra.


9. "For Eamonn" by Nightnoise.


10. "May It Be" by Lisa Kelly.


11. "Only Time" by Enya.


12. "You Raise Me Up" by Celtic Woman.


13. "The Journey Home" by John Doan.

Finding your "writer's playlist" may take time (or you may already have one!), but it is certainly worth it to find. I've learned so much from my playlist, and have gained so much inspiration from it! Finding your musical inspiration is most definitely a quest to embark upon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog