I've Moved! Come Visit Me On My New Blog!

Monday, June 8, 2015

MERLIN -- A Programme Review

It is time. This review should've been written years ago, when I finished watching the BBC television programme Merlin on Netflix, but it wasn't until recently, when my roommate finished the show, that I had mustered up enough courage to write such a thing...

Image recovered from this link.

Warning: Content may contain minor spoilers.

Plot & Background

Merlin never wanted to be a servant in Camelot, much less to the Crown Prince Arthur. He is incredibly arrogant, and (at first) a rather unkind person to work for, at that. But after Merlin unwillingly saves the prince's life, it is up to him to do so time and time again.

And surprises are in store for Camelot. With assassins joining jousts, the wicked sorceress Nimueh on the rise, and Arthur's father willing to go to extraordinary lengths to rid his kingdom of magic, Merlin must decide between keeping his gift a secret... and saving so many lives.

Starring Colin Morgan, Bradley James, Katie McGrath, Angel Coulby, Anthony Head, and Richard Wilson, BBC's Merlin is a story you won't soon forget.

Rating

Five out of five stars!

Review

The middle ages is my time period, and I adore this show! I must admit that I've seen all five series-- well, about five times. :)

Merlin is incredible: it taught me so many things, took me on such amazing journeys, and introduced me to the most spectacular of characters. Not to mention that it helped me learn more about my era!

Common Remarks

"I've heard that the ending is sad."

Okay, alright, it is! I refuse to reveal anything, but your heart will be crushed...

"So, why should I watch it, then?"

Because Merlin will change your life -- forever! You will fall in love with the show, and go back to watch it over and over again!

"How? And I don't have the time."

Image recovered from this link.

I'm sure you can find time, on the weekends, and such. :)

"What if I don't have Netflix?"

You are likely to find free episodes on Hulu. From when I checked, you don't even need an account to view them.

In Closing

In closing, you should definitely watch Merlin! I'm sure that you can find the time, the need, the proper website, and the courage. As to the ending? Don't worry about it -- it's only sixty-five episodes away! And whatever you do, do NOT look it up!

Love and smiles,

~O

P.S. You can check out my Pinterest board for Merlin right here. Fair warning: It does have major spoilers, though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog