I've Moved! Come Visit Me On My New Blog!

  • No Post Today - HELLO, DRAGONS! So I'd totally planned on there being a real-ish post today... BUT THAT'S JUST NOT HAPPENING. My Thanksgiving break begins next Friday/S...
    1 week ago

Saturday, March 28, 2015

The 777 Writing Challenge: WHEN THE SKY CRIES

I discovered this challenge when I received an email announcing a new blog post on The Writer's Window. Intrigued, I went to check it out, and was amazed at how simple but fun this challenge is.

According to the blog I found this on, here's how the Seven-Seven-Seven Writing Challenge goes:

The 777 challenge requires you go to Page 7 of your work-in-progress, scroll down to Line 7 and share the next 7 lines in a blog post. Once you have done this, you can tag 7 other bloggers to do the same with their work-in-progress.

I do not plan to tag anyone, but I have decided to participate in this adventure, myself. Please note that the following passage is my own, but it is from the first draft of my current work-in-progress, and is likely to be cut out. It's not much, but I hope you enjoy it! :)

Excerpt from When the Sky Cries

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Princess Adrianna.” I curtsied only slightly.
She smiled kindly. “Hello, Princess Radha. Conleth has told me a lot about you.”
I laughed. “He’s told me a bit about you, as well.”
Conleth grinned rather sheepishly, and I had to contain a very unladylike snort.
“It’s very nice to see you again, Adrianna,” Mother said softly, a sincere beam on her face.
“Come – let us go inside and get away from this cold,” Father suggested, leading Mother and Adrianna up the steps.
“So, what do you think of Adrianna?” Conleth asked, pausing beside me at the base of the stairs.
“I think she’s lovely,” I replied – and I meant it.

~O

1 comment:

  1. Voila! A couple of months after posting this, I have come up with my own new pages for *A Sapphire Chamber*, one of them which consists of information on my current work-in-progress. In other words, you can now learn more behind this blog post! Check it out here: http://oliviakfisherauthor.webs.com/work-in-progress. <3

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog