I've Moved! Come Visit Me On My New Blog!

  • No Post Today - HELLO, DRAGONS! So I'd totally planned on there being a real-ish post today... BUT THAT'S JUST NOT HAPPENING. My Thanksgiving break begins next Friday/S...
    1 week ago

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Midnight Murmurings 2015: New Year Resolutions

"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. This book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day."
--Edith Lovejoy Pierce


Even though 2015 is nearly a twelfth of the way over, it's never too late to discuss goals for the new year. As crazy as they may be, I am hoping that at least a few of them will get done, but, of course, we will see. Feel free to comment your goals for the new year. :)

I. Finish the first draft of my novel, the tale of a intricate young princess who deals with hope and rejection.

II. Write and complete the second draft of my novel. Unlikely, but I also hope to at least start writing the third draft, as well.

III. See the new Cinderella movie, which comes out March fifteenth. This will most likely happen between drafts.

IV. Watch the second Fantasia movie. I loved the first, but am very doubtful that Fantasia 2000 will be just as good.

V. Purchase the non-Kindle version of Five Enchanted Roses. Though I doubt that my novella will be included in this book, I am hopeful that my story might be included in the next fairytale collection.

VI. Start writing my novella for the next Rooglewood Press fairytale novella contest, which will probably mean finishing it, too, since I expect the due-date to be December thirty-first.

V. Finish reading The Latter Annals of Lystra by Robin Hardy. I love this series so much, having been introduced to The Annals of Lystra by a good friend.

VI. Finish reading Dragonwitch by Anne Elisabeth Stengl. I've been slowly making my way through it for the past few months, finding school reading assignments and lent books falling into my path. With finishing up Dragonwitch, I also hope to complete Tales of Goldstone Wood, altogether.

VII. Finally, read The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. I have heard a lot about them, and really want to get the stories engraved into my mind. If possible, I would like to cram in C.S. Lewis's Narnia in, too.

And that's that. I'm sure that I'll think of more, but am hoping to get at least half of these goals accomplished. :)

~Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog