I've Moved! Come Visit Me On My New Blog!

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Sheep, Sheep, & Crossover Sheep

"Counting sheep is a mental exercise used in some cultures as a means of lulling oneself to sleep. In most depictions of the activity, the practitioner envisions an endless series of identical white sheep jumping over a fence, while counting them as they do so."
--Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counting_sheep)

"Crossover - A fan fiction which incorporates characters, events, places, ideas, etc from another fandom. ... Crossovers are also denoted sometimes with the word: 'xover', the X standing for cross."
--A Fanspeak Dictionary (http://expressions.populli.net/dictionary.html)

Introduction

The purpose of this blog post is to discuss how we get to sleep. Most people suggest counting sheep, but it never works. Not even trying this magical way (by Country Living) can guarantee it:

Yawn, how dreamy... :)

See? We tried, and we failed.

Anyway, the point of this post is to tell how I get to sleep. Hopefully it can help you out. :)

Crossover Sheep!!!!

I'm a huge Doctor Who fan, and I don't mind reading The Heroes of Olympus, either. I know what you're thinking. David Tennant as a sheep? Things just got awkward.

(áI'm sorry, I just had to do this.á)

...Actually, Octavian Augur might make a better sheep.

(Actually, no, David Tennant is better.)

Ahem, sorry, getting a little off track, there.


The way I tend to get to sleep is by placing myself in a fictional story (usually a crossover -- maybe something like Merlin meets Doctor Who). Recently, I've been setting it up where I'm the Doctor's companion and I (...um...) fell out of his TARDIS. But, the secret is that I have ice powers (enter... Frozen!), and if I reveal that to anyone (the Doctor already knows, by the way), then extreme danger could be involved (typical DW life). Nico di Angelo is helping to keep my secret as I've ended up at Camp Jupiter, where Reyna is gone (and has so rapidly made the mistake of leaving Octavian in charge). Of course, Octavian's favorite activity is execution, so we all know where the story goes from there... (I should write a fan fiction on this. Hmm...)

Anyway, my tip in this not-written-very-well blog post is to create a crossover situation in your mind if you're having trouble getting to sleep. Hope it helps. :)

~Olivia

1 comment:

  1. Second time a few sentences are highlighted in white. Not quite sure why this is happening. Sorry about that! <:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog