Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Elements of the Perfect Saturday

Oh, Saturday! How I love thee! ...Of course, the ideal Saturday never really comes. There's always something blocking that perfect day (Most likely a trip to the orthodontist. {#FrownyFace}). For your entertainment, here's what my perfect Saturday would look like...

The ~Perfect~ Saturday Schedule

7:30 a.m. -- wake up
Even though Saturday would be the most perfect day for sleeping in, if I want to do something progressive during the day, I tend to want to get up earlier. Say, seven-thirty? Eight?

7:45 a.m. -- shower & get ready
Though Saturday would probably be spent entirely at home, I'd still (probably) do my makeup. What if the perfect chance for a low-budget-camera-selfie comes up?!

8:00 a.m. -- breakfast
Breakfast time -- food!! Hmm... Since we're talking about the impossible, -- the perfect Saturday -- why not come to something delicious? Perhaps blackberry jam on sourdough bread with a nice cup of hot cocoa?

8:30 a.m. -- write
Time to get crackin'! Cleaning my room? Well, it is the perfect Saturday, so, naturally, the cleaning fairies would be zooming around the house at this time, as I put a new scent in the wax burner and plop down at my computer, ready to write...

11:45 a.m. -- pack lunch
I changed my mind. I am going out. I pack a kindly-vegetarian lunch and leash up the dogs, about to drive to the park (Because we all know that thirteen-year-olds can drive. {wink, wink}).

12:00 p.m. -- picnic lunch
Lunchtime! Let's see what's inside this basket... Ooo! A cheese pizza, iceburg salad, and a blackberry pie? Kitchen fairies, you shouldn't have!

1:00 p.m. -- write
After spending some fun time at the park with my two precious puppies, it's time to head home and start writing, again.

4:00 -- walk
Need to take a break from that computer screen! The fairies leash up the dogs as I get my coat, and we head out for a nice autumn walk.

5:00 -- write
We're back from our walk! The kitchen fairies begin preparing a lovely meal as I settle down with a cup of gingerbread tea and start writing, again...

6:00 -- dinner
My sweet little fairies are amazing! A candlelit dinner with mint chip ice cream for dessert!

6:30 -- write
The kitchen fairies tidy up from our meal and I go back into my room (or study, as I prefer to call it) to write, again (you may have noticed that I particularly enjoy this activity). Of course, there have been absolutely no writer's blocks today, and so far I have accomplished two-thousand words, today!

8:30 -- nightly Bible study
I cuddle up with the dogs and my Bible as the fairies all gather around to listen. Tonight, we will be reading Proverbs 31...

9:00 -- read
I draw the blanket tighter around me and pick up one of my favorite books, Heartless by Anne Elisabeth Stengl.

9:30 -- bedtime
I turn out all the lights and take the dogs out for one last disposal. After that, it's off to bed with a few more minutes left for reading. Thankfully, the house fairies have gotten all the dishes ready for me to help cook for potluck, tomorrow.


~Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always make a point to respond to comments. Feel free to leave a link to your blog, too, and I might come and check it out! :)

Please keep your comments clean and respectful of others. If your comments contain inappropriate content or simply make others or myself uncomfortable, they will be deleted. All comments undergo moderation before being made public.

Notice

As of September sixteenth, 2015, this blog has been reformatted. However, all posts before that date have not been updated to fit the new format, and may not be as simple to read.

Posts You May Enjoy

Search Blog